KSBA’s summer business meeting will be immediately after Kelley Beekeeping’s field day on June 3, 2017. Kelley Beekeeping is graciously allowing KSBA to use a room in its new training center (formerly the old office building) for our business meeting.
All KSBA members are invited to attend this members-only business meeting. All local associations, please send a representative so we can reach a quorum and make decisions including organizing for the Kentucky State Fair.
Keith Rogers, Kentucky Department of Agriculture Chief of Staff, will be a guest speaker at the KSBA business meeting. He will be talking about honey issues in Kentucky. A draft agenda for the meeting can be found below.
If you are coming for the KSBA business meeting, we encourage you to think about coming early and attending the Kelley Beekeeping’s field day. The field day is a completely separate event hosted by Kelley Beekeeping and is not related to the KSBA business meeting. However, it is sure to be very educational and you can never learn too much about honey bees.
Draft Agenda for KSBA’s 2017 Summer Business Meeting
- Call to Order
- New business: Honey Issues in KY, Guest Keith Rogers, Chief of Staff for Kentucky Department of Agriculture
- Treasurer’s Report, John Benham
- Reading of Minutes from Spring and Fall Meets, Jason Conley (Secretary)
- Old Business:
- American Honey Queen coming to the 2017 KY State Fair (request for expenses to be approved);
- KY Pollinator Protection Plan is continuing;
- KY State Fair preparations
- KY Farm Bureau Request for Honey for the KY State Fair Breakfasts (Thursday Aug. 17, and Aug. 24)
- Schedule for the KSBA Honey Booth at the State Fair