You are invited…
The Kentucky State Beekeepers Association in cooperation with the Bullitt County Beekeepers will hold the KSBA fall meeting and bee school on November 9, 2019 at the Bullitt County High School, 1330 Ky-44 Shepherdsville, Ky 40165
Also, KSBA Executive Board Meeting will be held on Friday, November 8, 6:00pm at the Holiday Inn Express, 365 Brenton Way Hillview, Ky 40165. Call (502)-955-4984 to book a room… A representative from each association is encouraged to attend.
KSU will have the Autoclave at the bee school!
- 7:30 – 8:30 Registration
- 8:30 – 9:00 Welcome
- 9:00- 9:45 Leslie Cobb: Ky Dept. of Health, Food Safety Division, “The Buzz on Labeling Honey in Kentucky”
- 10:00 – 10:45 Breakout Sessions:
- Tammy Horn Potter: Apimondia 2019
- Leonard Davis: Oxalic Acid! Fall and Winter Treatment
- Curtis Simpson: How to make your Beekeeping a Career
- 11:00 – 11:45 Breakout Sessions:
- Chris Renfrow: How to Keep Bees and make a Profit
- Kent Williams: Feeding winter bees
- Dorothy Morgan: Mite Resistant Queens
- 11:45 – 12:45 Lunch Provided
- 1:00 – 1:45 Sarah Preston: Update on Certified Kentucky Honey
- 2:00 – 2:45 Breakout Sessions:
- Kent Williams: Making Spring Splits
- Leonard Davis: Dealing with EFB and AFB
- Curtis Simpson: Using Bees for Pollination
- 3:00 – 4:00 KSBA Meeting, vote on Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer positions and closing.