How do I get started beekeeping?
Go to the getting started FAQ.
Questions about Kentucky State Beekeepers Association?
Go to Questions about KSBA FAQ
Questions about Membership?
Go to the Membership FAQ.
What are Beekeeping Laws and Regulations?
Go to the Laws and Regulations FAQ
Who can remove a swarm or hive of Honey Bees?
Questions about bee kills and diseases?
Go to questions about disease and dead bees.
Do you have new or used equipment that you would like to donate?
How to Become a Local Association?
- Petition KSBA by registering the new association at https://kybees.org/register-your-local-beekeeping-association/ (you must be a KSBA member to register the new Association)
- Review and agree to Article VII of the most recent revision of the KSBA By-laws and the KSBA Code of Conduct, available on the KSBA Website.
- Contact a KSBA Officer regarding the $100 startup fund donation. This will be issued by the Treasurer and you will receive a Welcome from the President.
- Elect a KSBA Representative to attend KSBA Board meetings. This person may stand for election as one of two Directors representing Local Associations. All listed contacts for the Local Association will receive an invitation to attend KSBA meetings.
- The Local Association shall submit to KSBA a written annual report of its activities prior to the Fall KSBA Meeting
- The Local Association may request a member of the KSBA Board of Directors to visit and welcome the new Association and discuss KSBA activities at a time agreeable by both parties
- The new Association may apply to work a shift at the State Fair Honey Booth in exchange for a portion of the profits. This may be granted if there is a shift available or another association has trouble filling a shift. To qualify, the Association Officers must be KSBA members in good standing. If the Association is interested in applying, the representative should let the State Fair Honey Booth Manager know as soon as possible.