Who can remove a swarm or hive of Honey Bees?
How to Become a Local Association?
- Petition KSBA by registering the new association at https://kybees.org/register-your-local-beekeeping-association/ (you must be a KSBA member to register the new Association)
- Review and agree to Article VII of the most recent revision of the KSBA By-laws and the KSBA Code of Conduct, available on the KSBA Website.
- Contact a KSBA Officer regarding the $100 startup fund donation. This will be issued by the Treasurer and you will receive a Welcome from the President.
- Elect a KSBA Representative to attend KSBA Board meetings. This person may stand for election as one of two Directors representing Local Associations. All listed contacts for the Local Association will receive an invitation to attend KSBA meetings.
- The Local Association shall submit to KSBA a written annual report of its activities prior to the Fall KSBA Meeting
- The Local Association may request a member of the KSBA Board of Directors to visit and welcome the new Association and discuss KSBA activities at a time agreeable by both parties
- The new Association may apply to work a shift at the State Fair Honey Booth in exchange for a portion of the profits. This may be granted if there is a shift available or another association has trouble filling a shift. To qualify, the Association Officers must be KSBA members in good standing. If the Association is interested in applying, the representative should let the State Fair Honey Booth Manager know as soon as possible.
Do I need product liability insurance?
Please refer to the Kentucky Farmers’ Market Manual & Resource Guide by the Kentucky Department of Agriculture Office Of Agricultural Marketing
Is it a Northern Giant Hornet (formerly the Asian Giant Hornet)?