The Kentucky State Beekeepers Association (KSBA) is a volunteer led, non-profit organization dedicated to apiculture in Kentucky and border states. We represent backyard, hobby, and commercial beekeepers. We welcome anyone interested in beekeeping regardless of knowledge and experience. Please become a member today!
KSBA mission is to make Kentucky beekeeping successful through support programs and resources.
- Promote legislation and assist beekeeping as a local, state and national industry or hobby
- Encourage and charter local associations to be affiliated with KSBA
- Inform members about honey bees and beekeeping
- Provide a forum for training in the art of beekeeping and production of honey bee products
- Inform the public about the importance and contribution of honey bees to the welfare of all people
- Encourage others to become members
Kentucky beekeeping programs and resources include:
- Beekeeping knowledge base of Best Management Practices
- The calendar of national, regional, and local events for conferences, association meetings, bee schools, and other events
- Cost sharing for educational programs, grants, and awards
- Kentucky honey and other bee product sales at the Kentucky State Fair Honey Booth
- Buy Local marketing for bee products and services from local producers
- Kentucky Beekeeping Mentoring Program to mentor beekeepers
- Certified Kentucky Honey Producers